Free Boiler Grant Scheme is a scheme by the government to provide boilers and insulation to low income families. These A-Rated heating systems and energy efficient technologies including the fuel condensing boiler help reduce energy bills. Furthermore the grants are 100% free and you will not be required to pay for the application.
What You Need to Know about the Free Boiler Grant Scheme
- The scheme is designed to help people especially those in income related benefits such as Disability Living Allowance, Employment Support, Child under 16, Pension Premium Child under 20 (not in higher education), Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Over 60 years old, Receive disabled worker element, and Income Related Employment & Support Allowance to easily access the funding for a boiler.
- You are only required to make a claim for the grant funded assistance for home insulation or replacement boiler through available institutions. The institutions have approved installers who check your eligibility and decide if you can access the funding. The installation process is done within a convenient time.
- Individuals are only required to fill in an application to determine if they are eligible for the free boiler or insulation. If you are not eligible, the assessor informs you of other grants that are available.
- Essentially, the style of your property in terms of its efficiency determines whether you can access the funding or not. Typically, old and inefficient properties are more likely to access the funding fast over new and efficient properties.
- If you want to replace a boiler, it must be faulty or approximately 5-8 years old and deemed beyond repair.
- However, one can be optimistic about accessing the boiler since Energy providers regularly lower the criteria for eligibility in an attempt to meet targets and avoid fines associated with not reaching targets.
You can apply for an oil boiler grant and get a functional boiler that will meet the needs of your home.